Top 5 Outstanding Linux Tools Recovery Applications
It is safe to say that most of us lose important data on our computers at some point, whether through accidental or unintentional deletion, malware attacks, or permanent file removal. Some files include crucial information that must be recovered at all costs, and if you are not tech savvy, your only immediate option is to get help from etech support. But what if you could protect yourself in every way so that you never lose important data again? That is exactly what this post is about; we are going to see if it is possible to recover the erased data.
What is data recovery?
Data recovery is the process of recovering data that is damaged, lost, corrupted, or inaccessible information from storage devices. These storage media come in the form of devices such as SSD, USB drives, DVD/CD players, hard drives, and other similar electronic devices.
How will data be recovered once it has been deleted?
As bizarre as it may sound when you delete a file from your Linux system with the delete key, the data will not remove from the hard disc. The operating system simply designates the erased file locations memory sector as ‘available’ for the next write process which means that anyone with access to that file memory sector can recover the deleted data before the next data overwrites it. And this is all possible because of the File Recovery Tool.
Best Linux File Recovery Software
Here, are the list of the Top Linux File Recovery Tools, that will help you to retrieve your data in no time
ddrescue is a command-based utility for recovering data from corrupted partitions or devices. It transfers data from a CDROM or hard disk to other internal or external devices. GNU created this free data recovery tool.
- The Basic operation is completely automated.
- The data are recovered, and the best thing is that the rescue operation can be stopped and then resumed at the same location later.
- It is interface-independent and can be used with any device that is supported by the kernel.
TestDisk is a command-based authoritative data recovery application that is both simple to use and free. The primary use of this tool is to recover lost file storage devices. Additionally, it helps to reboot un-bootable disks if a problem has occurred because of a human mistake, virus, or malfunctioning software.
- Recreate the partition table.
- Duplicate files from FAT (File Allocation Table), exFAT (Extensible File Allocation Table), and NTFS (New Technology File System) partitions.
- It retrieves removed partitions as well as repairs partition tables
SafeCopy is the greatest Linux file recovery application, attempting to recover as many damaged files on a hard disk as possible. Other applications, on the other hand, fail to owe to Input/Output (I/O) errors. It provides a minor-level layer for reading CD-ROM disks in an unprocessed mode, as well as a device simulator that is used for testing.
- Here, the data can be extracted from CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks.
- Executes low-level Input/Output operations to retrieve as much information as feasible.
- It runs in the background of your computer without causing any lag.
- You can share huge files or folders through the private sharing option.
4. SystemRescue CD
SystemRescue is known as SystemRescue CD and it is a Linux-based system recovery utility that comes in the form of a bootable USB recovery CD that can be used to rebuild a system after a data crash. This application gives you the ability to create, edit, and recover data.
SystemRescue CD characteristics:
- It works with web browsers such as Firefox, Midori, and ELinks.
- Rsync is a powerful tool that will be used for backups remotely.
- The GNU parted library is used for GUI implementation.
- NFS, ping, nslookup, and Samba utilities are used to back up data throughout the network.
A Scalpel is a Windows and Linux file indexing and carving application. It has a default configuration, that allows for all file patterns to be commented out. It has the benefit of small carving size and multithreading for faster execution.
- Disk activities can be over-run with a matching pattern, thanks to asynchronous input/output.
- Embedded header/footer matching to improve structured file processes.
- Support for regular expressions in the header and footer.
We hope this helps you recover your data. You can select the best data recovery tool based on its features. If you are a novice user, any of the tools mentioned above will be useful. If you have enormous files, it is usually a good idea to keep a backup.
eTechSupport is always ready to help you with all of your Linux support needs. Please contact us if you want to learn more about how our dedicated support staff may help you grow your business.
October 10, 2022
September 19, 2022
September 12, 2022